So I have been here in England for almost 3 weeks. I must admit, the first 1-2 weeks were hard and a bit lonely despite the wonderful people I had met here so far. I think leaving friendships and so many wonderful people whom I have been in relationship for many years and starting completely from scratch tripped me out a bit. Also realizing that this isn’t just a little vacation of mine but that I am really here, sold my car back home and everything.
BUT this week has been much better as I have been adjusting to the transition and jet lag and I have also been so embraced and welcomed in by new friends here. People have taken me around, cooked dinner, given me things that I need here. It is really great to see The Church really being the church. Another friend in town took me to Indian food and we had a wonderfully chill day watching Bride and Prejudice.
I played NETBALL last Monday nite with a bunch of ladies from church and beyond. What is it? That’s what I asked…It’s like basketball but you can’t dribble and you can’t run with the ball, you have to pass it. Random but good fun.
I am very blessed to be studying where I am. It has to be one of the best fits academically that I could have found. I get to even read about John Wimber and The Vineyard too!
I have been eating a few nites a week with the flatmates here. I get an assortment of Chinese, Thai, and Indian food home cooked!
Friday, 12 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad you are keeping this blog because it somehow makes me feel that you are close by. And the pics are beautiful...especially the one of where you did your homework. sweet!
It was great talking to you on friday jen. i love you and am praying for you.
Post a Comment