Sunday, 30 September 2007

ENGLAND take 1



The same day I arrived and was very well taken care of thanks to Becky, who lives in Birmingham, I had dinner at her house and met 3 other Brits and one Australian as a very jet lagged Jen tried to play Extreme Bolderdash, you can only imagine. Becky is around my age, is a doctor and owns her own home, crazy.

The next nite I went to an activity with my flatmate and the international students (4 Germans, 1 Japanese, 2 Malaysians, and my flatmate who is from the Isle of Man) to the pubs. Good times. This international thing is kind of cool. I have barely met any Brits yet.

Thursday nite I had dinner at my South African’s professor’s house and he invited a PhD student from Hong Kong to come along. I didn’t register for classes yet because what they do here is let you go to whatever classes you want the first week and then decide which ones you want to take for the term. Nice.

Life is good. I live in a very small room which is all I really need, and all my luggage finally did arrive. Birmingham is quite cold and everyone here speaks with a different accent. It is fun getting to know the people and community and I already feel like I could be doing so many things but I am reminding myself that I came here to study. I do need my exercise so I am looking into the Hip Hop class as well as going to scout out going jogging on a path near a canal.
Not having internet or phone the first few days drove me crazy and I do have to admit that I looked through my photo album filled with friends and family from the OC, the very first nite. I start classes on Monday and it seems like it is going to be a lot of hard work set before me so I am currently enjoying my last moments of no work and no school. Blessings, Jen
PS. This is the first time in my life I don’t have dial up, never knew it could be so great!

1 comment:

cristina said...

aww jen!! all your picures are awesome!! keep posting them!! im glad you bought a camera. You are awesome!!